Hawaiian Reality

Hawaiian Reality
Might as well live well on an island... The decision has been made to relocate!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pele's Curse

Looking forward to returning this black sand that I took from the big island of Hawaii 23 years ago when I was 20 years old. I've got to stop this streak of bad luck... Suffering the consequences of my bad action. I was warned... I knew it was wrong... I did it anyway... Thought I was being smart... I had no idea what was at stake. Now I realize why... I see the signs. I am taking it back to that black sand beach at Kalapana. I'm begging for forgiveness from the Gods of Hawaii. I must make it right with Pele.

Pele's Curse at Snopes.com

Twenty three years ago I scooped this black sand up in my shoes as I walked the black sand beach at Kalapana. When I got back on the tour bus I dumped it into a bag I had been carrying. And then, when I got back to my room I put it into this small ziploc bag. I brought it home to the mainland knowing of Pele's Curse. I knew I was wrong but had no idea of the consequences to come. I will return it. I'm glad I have these pitures so I can take it back to it's proper location on the big island of Hawaii.



Here I am, that fateful day, on the Black Sand Beach at Kalapana.
October 1987

1 comment:

  1. Hi -
    Have you already returned this black sand to its proper place? We're in the process of creating a TV show about Pele's Curse, and I'd love to speak with you about your experiences. I can be contacted at: eric@karga7.com

    Thanks very much and please let me know!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete