Hawaiian Reality

Hawaiian Reality
Might as well live well on an island... The decision has been made to relocate!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Not My First Rodeo...

... Or, perhaps I should say "this is not my first luau!"

When I was twenty-five years old I decided to move away from home. Wanted to be independent. Wanted to make my parents proud. I moved out of state. I knew no one. I did well. I did it again a few years after that. This time I moved even farther away. Did it again. And again... Successfully each time. Made a lot of friends. Some for a lifetime. Came home often. I love my parents. Came home from Palm Springs, California when my Dad suffered a traumatic brain injury. Acted as his medical advocate. Loved it. Nursed him back to health. Went back to Cali. Got pregnant... Oh my! Mom had an aortic aneurysm. Came back home. Dad got cancer. Stayed home. Said I wasn't leaving as long as my parents were on this side. Dad crossed over a couple of years ago. Mom crossed over a couple of months ago. During that time I also lost my best sister-in-law, sixteen year old cat, best friends husband as well as my daughters father. He's not really dead... He just said he is... Might as well be... Except, if he was then my daughter would get financial support. Instead, he is a dead-beat. So now, I'm ready to go again. But, there's much to be done in preparation. And, this time with child. I will succeed, again. I've got a plan. I'm working on it, thinking about it, every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment